Playground rubber mulch is an excellent safety surface, and it provides one of the highest fall height ratings in the industry. It is also very durable and long-lasting, because it does not decay like wood mulch does and does not require the maintenance and repairs that unitary systems require. When you want to get the most use out of your rubber mulch, it is important that you are installing it correctly.
Rubber mulching is a great way to keep your playground clean and free of debris. It also helps to conserve water and keep your lawn healthy. This guide will show you how to rubber mulch a playground.
How to Rubber Mulch a Playground
Define The Area
First, you’ll need to define the area you want to rubber mulch. This will help you to determine the size of the mulch layer and the number of layers you’ll need.
Choose The Rubber Mulch Material
Next, you’ll need to choose the rubber mulch material. You can use either recycled rubber or new rubber. Recycled rubber is preferable because it’s cheaper and it helps to reduce environmental waste.
Grade for Proper Drain Ability
Once you’ve chosen the rubber mulch material, you’ll need to grade it for proper drainage. This will ensure that water runs off the mulch layer easily.
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Now that you’ve graded the rubber mulch, it’s time to curb your enthusiasm. Remember, you’ll need to apply a layer of rubber mulch at least 6 inches thick.
Apply The Rubber Mulch
Finally, you’ll need to apply the rubber mulch. You can do this by hand or with a tractor. Make sure to apply the rubber mulch evenly across the area you’ve defined.
Put Weed Barrier Down
Now that the rubber mulch is in place, you’ll need to put weed barriers down. This will help to prevent grass from growing through the rubber mulch layer.
Tips to Keep in Mind
- Be patient – rubber mulching is a slow process, so don’t expect to see results overnight.
- Keep an eye on the weather – rubber mulching can be affected by weather conditions, so be sure to check the forecast before you start.
- Plan for maintenance – rubber mulching requires regular maintenance in order to keep it effective. This includes checking for weeds and repairing any damage that’s done.
- Consider the long term – rubber mulching is a long-term investment, so be sure to think about how you’ll maintain it over time.
- Consider your budget – while rubber mulching is a cost-effective way to keep your playground clean and free of debris, it isn’t free. So be sure to factor in the cost of rubber mulch when planning your project.
Rubber mulching is a great way to keep your playground clean and free of debris. It also helps to conserve water and keep your lawn healthy. This guide has shown you how to rubber mulch a playground. You should be patient as the process is slow, and keep an eye on the weather to ensure that the rubber mulch layer remains effective. Finally, be sure to budget for rubber mulching in your project plan.